The aim of sedation dentistry is to safely induce a state of relaxation and eliminate discomfort and anxiety in patients undergoing certain procedures. It is especially beneficial to those who:
1. Experience anxiety before and/or during treatment.
2. Had previous traumatic experiences in the dental chair.
3. Have fear of needles/dental procedures.
4. Have TMJ issues.
5. Are scheduled for extensive dental procedures.
There are 2 general types of sedation – conscious sedation and non-conscious sedation. Cadboro Bay Dental does not currently offer non-conscious sedation.
This allows the patient to maintain consciousness; they can respond to questions and follow instructions during the procedure. The types of conscious sedation we offer are oral and inhalation sedation (nitrous oxide).
- With oral sedation, the patient is given a sedative pill which he or she needs to take about an hour before the procedure. Some patients may need to take the pill the night before. With this option, someone needs to take the patient to and from the dentist’s office.
- Inhalation sedation uses nitrous oxide and it is the most commonly used technique as it can control the level of sedation given to the patient. It works quickly and the gas also dissipates from the body immediately after the procedure so the patient can drive himself/herself home.
Ready to book
Call Us: 778-433-1888
Cadboro Bay Dental
3849 B Cadboro Bay Road.
Victoria, BC. V8N 4G3
Monday - 8am to 4pm
Tuesday - 8am to 4pm
Wednesday - 8am to 4pm
Thursday - 8am to 4pm
Friday - 8am to 4pm
Saturday - 8am to 2pm
© 2022 Cadboro Bay Dental. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by First Dentist